For Christmas we went to my Aunt and Uncle’s for Christmas dinner, I was enlisted to make some gluten free deserts to take along. Here’s the first one.
Christmas Chocolate Cupcakes
I used a recipe found on the Dove’s Farm website as I used their flour.
Ingredients (Makes 12 Muffins)
150g Caster Sugar
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
175g Self Raising Gluten Free Flour
3 tbsps Cocoa Powder
2 tbsps Milk
- Stand the cake cases on a baking or tart tray.
- Beat together the sugar and butter.
- Beat in the eggs, vanilla, flour, and milk.
- Fill the cake cases with the mixture.
- Sprinkle chocolate flakes over each muffin.
- Bake in a pre heated oven for 20/25 minutes.
Temperature & cooking time:
20/25mins at 200°C/Fan180°C/400°F/Gas 6
For the icing and the decoration I took inspiration from World of Food magazine’s Christmas Issue- 101 Gluten Free Christmas Recipes.
140g Unsalted Butter
300g Icing Sugar
1 tbsp Milk
75g gluten free chocolate, melted
Beat the butter in a bowl until soft. Sift in the icing sugar and beat until smooth. Beat in the milk and melted chocolate until creamy and smooth. If piping, chill until the mixture is firm enough.
Decorations: White Snowflakes and Edible Glitter from Morrisons.