I finally got the keys for my new flat in October 2015, after first seeing it in the February. With a lot of help from my parents, and a lot of DIY, I moved in in mid-November 2015!
At the start of December, I put up my Christmas decorations. Today, I took them down and the place looks very bare! Most of the time I have lived here there has been a Christmas tree, and it sort of felt like it belonged. I’m going to have to get to work putting some things on the walls.
I intend to do blog posts for each room to show how it looked when I moved in, through decorating and now, finished. First up will be the bedroom, once my new wall print arrives!
Until then, here are a few ‘before and afters’ of each room…
The bathroom doesn’t yet have a before and after, this is just what it looks like!
Bedroom wardrobe before…
Craft room (spare room) before…
Living room before…
Other side of the living room before…
Kitchen cupboard (where the fridge did not fit) before…
Hallway and front door before…
In very exciting news it looks like I may soon be getting my own flat! So I’ve been daydreaming about all the decor and D.I.Y I will be doing!!!! So I will of course be blogging about it all. To start with I’m making moodboards for each room, here’s my ideas for my bedroom. I’m going with a magical/celestial theme.
Clockwise from the top:
- On one wall, I will have some narrow shelves with some of my favourite things, including my Harry Potter replica Time Turner, and my Luna Lovegood wand from the Harry Potter studio tour.
- Also on the shelves I will have this amazing illustration I’ve just bought by Oh No Rachio! ‘Be Kind’ is my motto in life.
- I love this fairy illustration by Ida Rentoul Outhwaite. I like the black and white theme. I have a set of black and white tarot cards I bought from ebay after reading ‘The Night Circus’ by Erin Morgenstern and I intend to put a few of these in frames on the wall.
- Winking Eye Pillow Set from Urban Outfitters.
- Glitter paint by Craig and Rose to go on top of…
- Dark blue paint on one wall. To look like a starry night!
- Example! Photo from Pinterest.
- White Sun and Moon Throw to go over my bed.
It will be interesting to see what the finished room looks like, and whether I change my mind before then!
I found these amazing trays for my desk area in T K Maxx. They match some drawers I have, and I do need to keep things organised! I can throw all my receipts in here until I have time to sit down and write out my expenses and filing. Boring!
For my future house, I imagine an organised chaos. I’m not exactly a tidy person but everything does have its place, I just have a lot of stuff! The best thing for me is to keep things simple and have a lot of storage, and then just have colourful things that I can move around or change as soon as I get bored. Something I imagine for my future kitchen is a subtle Alice in Wonderland theme, which includes, for decoration, mismatched tea cups hanging on the wall somehow. When I was on the Isle of Wight we went into this tiny second hand store in Ryde, which sold old, pretty things. I fell in love…. I got these 2 tea cups for £6!
For more of my interior inspirations see my Pinterest board!
Bought this lovely print of the Latitude Festival site by Kate Chidley and finally got round to framing it and putting it up in my room